Following the recent Government’s announcement to lift all the mandatory mask-wearing requirements, the University has removed this last anti-epidemic measures accordingly, and return to pre-pandemic normalcy in full. Please also note the respective arrangements regarding postgraduate admission below.
1. Updated Academic Arrangements for Spring Term 2022/23
- All the courses, will be continuously offered in regular face-to-face (f2f) teaching mode. Proctored examinations including mid-terms, if needed, will be held on campus.
- Taught Postgraduate programs may make their own arrangements, i.e., the mode of delivery for classes can be f2f or mixed-mode/mixed-mode lite.
- All members of the University should therefore plan to be in Hong Kong well in time for commencement of the term.
2. Program Registration Arrangement
- Students will be notified by the Academic Registry for program registration in due course. Please note that program registration will only be allowed when all the required official documents for offer confirmation are verified.
- For non-local students, student visa/ entry permit or appropriate visa for study must be obtained. Please allow sufficient time for processing your visa application.
3. Immigration Measures for Entry to Hong Kong
- Please visit here for the Government’s latest arrangements for inbound travellers.
- As requested by the Hong Kong Immigration Department (IMMD), non-local students who are currently residing in Hong Kong will need to exit and re-enter Hong Kong before the expiry of their existing limitation of stay to activate their student visa/ entry permit for the new program admitted.
- Some airline/immigration staff at your departure port might not be fully aware of the immigration measures for entry to Hong Kong. In case you encounter any difficulties/emergency matters during your travel, you are advised to seek help from International SOS (ISOS) at +852 2528 9900 (collect calls will be accepted) or +1 215 942 8226. ISOS is a medical and security services company that offers 24/7 assistance worldwide. Please quote HKUST Membership number “07AYCA093635” when seeking assistance from ISOS. Also, you are strongly advised to download the ISOS Assistance App before your departure to Hong Kong. More information could be found here.
4. COVID-19 Testing Requirements
- The University recommends members to follow the Government’s health advice. Members who are in need of testing or are symptomatic should take rapid antigen tests (RATs) on their own or seek medical attention as soon as possible. Please refer to here for information.
5. Alternative Test Options for Fulfillment of English Language Requirement
For applicants who are not able to take the TOEFL or IELTS due to the test suspensions, the University is now accepting the following test results as alternatives in meeting the University English Language admission requirements. It is a special arrangement applicable to applicants admitted in Fall 2022/23, Spring 2022/23, Fall 2023/24 or Spring 2023/24 under COVID-19; subject to change when the regular TOEFL or IELTS tests become available again.
- TOEFL-iBT Home Edition: Total score of 80 in one single attempt
- IELTS Indicator: Overall score of 6.5 and All sub-score of 5.5
- Duolingo English Test: Score of 105
Some programs may stipulate additional English Language requirements for admissions. Please refer to the Program Catalog (“Admission Requirements” of respective programs) for more information.
Please stay well and healthy. If you have any enquiries related to the above, feel free to contact us.
Last update: 8 Mar 2023