Associate Postgraduate Students are part-time students who enroll in postgraduate courses for credits or as auditing students at HKUST (Hong Kong campus). They do not register for a postgraduate degree or a diploma program. An Associate Postgraduate Student normally registers for no more than 6 credits in any one term.
Associate PG Students should meet the following admission requirements:
- A bachelor's degree from a recognized institution, or an equivalent qualification;
- One of the following English proficiency attainments*:
- TOEFL-iBT: 80#
- TOEFL-pBT: 550
- TOEFL-Revised paper-delivered test: 60 (total scores for Reading, Listening and Writing sections)
- IELTS (Academic Module): Overall score: 6.5 and All sub-score: 5.5
* You are not required to present TOEFL or IELTS score if your first language is English, or your bachelor's degree (or equivalent qualification) was awarded by an institution where the medium of instruction was English.
# refers to the total score in one single attempt
Any exceptional cases will be considered on an individual basis.
- Fall Term: 31 July each year
- Spring Term: 31 December each year
- Application fee: HK$300
- Tuition fee: charged on a per-credit basis, it varies from course to course.
Non-local applicants are recommended to check with The Hong Kong Immigration Department regarding visa and other requirements if they take up part-time studies in Hong Kong.