- University Governance
- Student Conduct and Academic Integrity
- Policies and Practices Governing Research Activities
- Scholarships, Awards and Financial Assistance
- Registration in Programs
- Study Commitment
- Curriculum Requirements (with guidelines on thesis research)
- Course Registration
- Course Substitution and Credit Transfer
- Course Grading
- Progression and Academic Standing
- Appeals and Grievance Channels
- Glossary of Terms
Handbook for Research Postgraduate Studies
This Handbook has been prepared with the purpose of helping students understand their rights and responsibilities as research postgraduate (RPg) students at The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, and the policies related to various aspects of their studies. This Handbook should serve as a useful guide for RPg students throughout their course of study. Students are obliged to find out what they need to do or know about their program of study and the related University regulations.
This may also serve as a handy reference for faculty members and administrative staff who may need to advise students on procedural matters concerning postgraduate studies at the University.
The content of this Handbook may change from time to time to reflect the most updated information. Students should also refer to the Academic Regulations of the University for policies related to their study.
HKUST Fok Ying Tung Graduate School