If you are currently studying outside Hong Kong and wish to take courses on a short-term basis (normally one term, maximum two terms) at HKUST (Hong Kong campus), you may consider applying for enrolment as a Visiting PG Student.
To be eligible for Visiting PG Study at HKUST, you should:
- currently be a registered postgraduate student at a recognized tertiary institution outside Hong Kong;
- have an educational background deemed satisfactory by the major department as a Visiting PG Student; and
- have gained agreement in advance from your home institution.
# All inbound short-term students are required to be fully vaccinated and meet the requirements of the Vaccine Pass before they are permitted to register. For details, please visit here.
- Fall Term: 31 May each year
- Spring or Summer Term: 31 October each year
- Application fee: HK$300
- Tuition fee: HK$4,000 per credit (except for the MBA program which charges tuition fee on a per term basis)
Visiting PG Students are not entitled to any financial assistance from the University or the HKSAR Government. It is therefore important to ensure that you have adequate funds to support yourself while you are in Hong Kong.
Student Visa/ Entry Permit
It takes times for the Hong Kong Immigration Department to process a student visa/ entry permit application. Please apply right after you have accepted the admission offer. For short term studies, student visas/ entry permits are normally granted for durations not exceeding 180 days.
More details on student visa application available here.
All non-local Visiting PG Students should have to subscribe to the HKUST Compulsory Travel Insurance Plan. Please do so at least one month before the commencement of the visiting period.
Please also visit the website of Scholarships & Financial Aid Office for more information on the various insurance plans for HKUST students.
Given the limited supply of university housing, you are advised to arrange off-campus accommodation. The Off-Campus Housing Section of Student Housing & Residential Life Office provides general assistance for students who are looking for off-campus accommodation.