To promote diversity, the University provides sponsorship to selected international visiting interns admitted to HKUST under the International Visiting Internship Student Program.
The Program supports qualified candidates from institutions outside Hong Kong to come to HKUST to engage in research work under the supervision of our top-notch faculty for a period of 2 - 6 months. Besides gaining valuable research experience in a new environment, students may also enjoy a rewarding cultural exchange experience in Hong Kong.
Please click below for the HKUST scholar profiles:
- 2 - 6 months
Monthly allowance of HK$10,000 - HK$12,000 (~US$1,300 - US$1,500) may be provided to qualified students subject to the supervisor's agreement and the availability of funds.
- be a foreign national currently registered as a full-time student in an overseas university;
- be a student in a master’s program or a student in the senior year of an undergraduate program in the home institution;
- have been admitted as a visiting internship student by the hosting academic unit as a non-local student (who requires a student visa to study in Hong Kong);
- have a good command of spoken and written English; and
- demonstrate outstanding academic performance with a passion for research.
- Master's Students: Apply as a PG Visiting Internship Students here.
- Senior Year Undergraduate Students: Apply as a UG Visiting Internship Students here.
- International applicants will be considered for the sponsorship under this program. No separate application is required.
Priority for university housing is given to regular MPhil and PhD students. As such, please be prepared that you may have to arrange your own off-campus accommodation. The Off-Campus Housing Section of Student Housing & Residential Life Office provides general assistance for students looking for off-campus accommodation.
For Master's Students, please click here.
For Senior Year Undergraduate Students, please click here.